Reasons why PET bottles are widely used
PET material also known as PETE is an ideal polyester material for making injection molded parts including bottles and jars. PET is made of elements that have special grades making it good for wide range of application. It is composed of long-chain molecules having repeated units that make it linear thermoplastic. PET blow molding machine is a machine that enables the production of PET bottles through injection molding and blowing processes.
The first step of molding is the production of PET preform through the injection process. The PET material is first heated to form a preform, and while it is hot, it is passed through the injection cavity before it is finally blown to get the desired bottles. A PET material offers a wide range of application that includes bottles for carbonated drinks, water, juice, and beer among others.
Why is PET bottles recommended?
The reason why PET bottles are preferred is that it has the following properties:
most bottles required for packaging drinks such a beer should have specific qualities. PET material is made of long-chain molecules that can withstand high temperatures, impact, and stretch. This polyester material is also resistant to most chemical products. Industries that make liquid products with reactive elements, PET materials are usually the ideal choice.
- Clarity–for drinks made for consumption, clarity is an important aspect. A consumer has to see and check the content before buying it. With PET material, clarity can be achieved easily by subjecting it through a low-level crystallization.
- A color-most product is colored and requires clear bottles, PET bottles are clear and will be ideal for displaying soft drinks for consumers.
- Purity– most drinks should be packed in containers that can keep the original taste of the drink. For instance, water should be packaged in a plastic container that ensures that it remains odorless and tasteless for long. With PET bottles, it can keep drinks for a long time without getting instilling a foreign flavor.
- High melting point– PET materials can withstand up to 270 degrees temperatures; this makes it ideal for most products that are channeled through hot temperatures. With an increase in temperatures, PET bottle molecules usually become mobile making them uncoil instead of breaking.
- Barrier– some drinks such as beer requires high performance barriers compared to other CSD applications. Such a product has to go through different channels of distribution, and without proper strength level, it can be affected. PET bottles are usually designed in such a way that it can withstand different levels of temperatures, pressure, humidity, and storage time.
Most PET bottles are made of wear resisting, transparent, corrosion-resistant and wear resistant material. They are widely used for packaging carbonated drinks, water, cosmetics, oils, and pharmaceuticals.